This quick and simple Mexican-inspired meal is perfect for hot summer days.
The ingredient of Chicken fajitas
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm-thick slices
- 10 soft flour burritos
- 1/2 bunch watercress, trimmed
- Creme fraiche or natural yoghurt, to serve
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 small red chilli (or to taste), finely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
The instruction how to make Chicken fajitas
- Preheat barbecue or chargrill pan on high. For salsa: combine tomatoes, onion, lime rind and juice, chilli, avocado, coriander and oil in a bowl. Taste and season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Combine paprika and oil in a medium bowl. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Gently toss to combine. Cook chicken on barbecue or chargrill pan, turning occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Place chicken on an oven tray, cover with foil and set aside in a warm place.
- Warm burritos on barbecue or chargrill pan until lightly charred.
- Place burritos on serving plates. Top with chicken and spoon over salsa. Add watercress and a dollop of creme fraiche. Fold to enclose filling and serve.
Nutritions of Chicken fajitasfatContent: 997.108 calories
saturatedFatContent: 56 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 61 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 58 grams protein
sodiumContent: 198 milligrams cholesterol