Transform classic pumpkin soup into a something special with an infusion of Asian flavours.
The ingredient of Asian flavoured pumpkin soup
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1.2 kg Kent pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, chopped
- 375ml can Carnation light & creamy coconut flavoured evaporated milk
- 1 large lime, juiced (you will need 1/4 cup juice)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped, plus extra, to serve
- 1 small red chilli, sliced, to serve
The instruction how to make Asian flavoured pumpkin soup
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Add pumpkin, evaporated milk and 1 cup water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
- Remove saucepan from heat and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Using a food processor or blender, process soup, in batches, until smooth. Pour puree into a clean saucepan. Add lime juice, fish sauce, chilli sauce and chopped coriander and heat over low heat until warmed through. Serve topped with coriander leaves and sliced chilli.
Nutritions of Asian flavoured pumpkin soupfatContent: 261.944 calories
saturatedFatContent: 3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 39 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 37 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 13 grams protein